Total Pageviews

Friday 23 December 2011

Adoption - an excuse for acting out?

  
  Getting help, professional help that is, was the last thing on my mind when I started on my journey of  self-discovery. To be honest, I didn't feel I would need it. Anyway, today's post isn't about therapy. Rather, the beliefs of my adoptive parents towards my issues regarding adoption and towards my therapy.

  I wanted to write about my adoptive parents, more specifically, their attitude towards my feelings on my adoption. I started therapy recently (just had my first session). I started this blog as a means to speak out about how I feel and as a way of examining my own thoughts. My mother, however, just doesn't get it. I honestly don't know why she is making life so difficult for me. I don't believe my therapy is of top priority to her. She basically believes that I don't want to study (I have a major exam coming up in February '12) and that I am using the fact that I'm adopted to get out of doing studies and for acting out. I don't think this is particularly fair of her, I don't think she (or any non-adoptee, for that matter) can ever understand an adoptee's pain.

  Do you guys think I should let her know about this blog? She might just lose her head, thinking that I'm thinking about 'everything except studies' etc. (Indians are strange people, studies and marks are of more importance to them than finding oneself, or understanding the meaning of one's existence, trying to achieve real happiness, etc.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Makes sense?